The biggest storm in decades reaching from New Mexico to the east coast, Egypt erupting in civil unrest, the world made so much smaller by the media that greets me this morning. What am I thinking flying out into the melee that is our earth? In all honesty this weather storm will pass before I board a plane in 56 hours....Not sure about the rest of it. So easy to be touched by the events and human beings half a world away, in this age of instant camera pictures flashing before our eyes, the news media racing to tell you what is happening, who is dying, who is wrong or right. Although true journalism is , just the facts mam, depends on the integrity of the journalist and the corporation owning the media feed that literally feeds us...............I want to know I want to be informed I don't want to pull the covers over my head and not know not hear not feel. But, really why? My powerlessness in the face of knowledge and facts...........and then the other real question, what is real and what is bullshit?........
So, enough of the proselytizing, is that what I'm doing (gotta look that up) and tell you my facts.
I'm getting on a plane Friday, heading to NYC, and from there to the Middle East. Not Egypt, but close enough. The land of camels and deserts, and goats, and history.....'our' history since most of us came out of that area eons ago. The land of Mohammad and Jesus and Abraham and Rumi all the parables and books written of these peoples, these hearts and spirits who are a part of us......oops there I go again. Anyway will try to write while there, plans could change, plane flights are the epitome of letting go......and take you along my amazing journey seen through my eyes wide open engaged.......or possibly totally freaked out.
About Me
- Kimberly
- Lagunitas, California, United States
- Still looking through a 26 year olds eyes. Do we all feel like that? Sometimes independent, strong, fearless.... while at the same time insecure, meek, and full of fear. Can be persistent, steady, and focused...and then pretty much a total basket case. So there are no rules........only this moment. That's the hope. Love is all that matters, how much Love I hold in my heart and give to others. My dream and hope is to be divorced from the past or future, which keep me from the spontanaity and magic of the present.
Hello my love-friend who travels our waterball,
ReplyDeleteI am attempting to strain my brain into the form of an 'essay' for English 1B. I have downloaded and printed multiple resource documents, written eight pages of 'stuff', changed my choice of essay topic (teacher supplies us with four and I'm afraid to even attempt calm my brain down enough to make my own), and have desk covered with so much stuff I put my laptop on one of those wooden table tray affairs so I can look in the other direction. This intimate time with my mind is crazy-making. However, I love to write and want to learn more...so here we are.
I hope your weather has been more 'trippy' than threatening. What a time to be alive with water and air currents going through these changes. We have been inundated with moths, creepy flapping hoards of sand-colored moths surrounding all outside lights and tileing the outside of the big curved windows above our kitchen sink. I dont' know what bird was supposed to be in Sonoma County to eat these guys, but they aren't here yet and the imbalance is obvious.
I really like the birds on the background of your blog. Your poetry is very beautiful too, need to copyright them my dear.
I will be checking in here for your travel updates. I'm praying for your hands and feets... and the rest of you too.
xoxoxoxoxo
Barbara