About Me

My photo
Lagunitas, California, United States
Still looking through a 26 year olds eyes. Do we all feel like that? Sometimes independent, strong, fearless.... while at the same time insecure, meek, and full of fear. Can be persistent, steady, and focused...and then pretty much a total basket case. So there are no rules........only this moment. That's the hope. Love is all that matters, how much Love I hold in my heart and give to others. My dream and hope is to be divorced from the past or future, which keep me from the spontanaity and magic of the present.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Leaving Bahrain

This blog is supposed to be a place to practice writing.
Writing, knowing others will read puts a whole new spin on it.
Traveling and writing adds another dimension.
And then there’s ‘how much personal feeling’ to include.
So all that messes with my thinking, upsets any sort of flow
I may actually be lucky enough to tap into.
Making things more complicated than they are
Is often a roadblock for me. See? Personal.
Ok then. Just frigging write, Kim.
Sitting in the Bahrain International Airport waiting for flight to Dubai

Leaving the Kingdom of Bahrain. The Kingdom thing has a whole new meaning than when I flew in here 8 days ago. I might even recognize the King or Crown Prince if I saw them on the street, so many pictures plastered on cars, on walls, on people backs and butts. I am not kidding. This is not the forum to engage in opinions of who is right and wrong and be politically correct with my leftist views. I thought I knew something, was corrected gently more than once and now…….I know so little and the lines aren’t firm. Killing people is just wrong. That I know.
Outtakes of the last few days……….very many young people driving in cars waving Bahraini flags, happy smiling, women walking the streets with flags their heads covered. The opposition, the poor, only seen on news clips because they come from the suburbs, the Shies, the oppressed, the religious right, so to say. It is not Iran here. There is much freedom and some of the people do not want to lose that. There is also the poor, the discriminated against………really have no opinion as I do not know.
Helicopters overhead all day, in the middle of the night, some shots heard firing randomly, much honking, shops closed in the middle of day, local friends worried for us, ……Others views on American’s part in the Middle East coming at me during the week. I listen. A few are so right. I cannot argue. Only keep my faith instilled in those parts of our Constitution that I have faith in. Freedom of speech, of the press………..is that so true? Equality, separation of church and state….geez, well we are trying aren’t we? Please tell me we are………I need my idealistic values intact otherwise I lose faith. Become one of the apathetic many. That is death.

No comments:

Post a Comment