Written March 3rd
Couldn’t get to my blog in Turkey, couldn’t send AOL mail, unless through my phone; and although frustrating, welcome to the insanity-of-the-internet-world outside the US. As I look through my pictures I can see the story, the heartline, the visions made real; and since my memory drops things without a thought (there’s a pun) it is good I do have visual in photos, in body pain, and eventually released brain farts.
Let us start in Istanbul, a city of 18 million. Can’t even get my head around that many people, until I see it. Winter cold wind chill unbearable. The skies are gray and brown. The traffic horrendous. The history of Istanbul is the draw. What has happened here, who lived here, or tromped through or sailed by. The mosques built on Christian churches, reminding me of Spain’s Christian churches built on mosques. Who was here and then defeated. Allah is everywhere as the minarets call out from dark morning through the day. Islamic writing on the wall with the Virgin Mary. The dichotomy of faith religion belief burrowing in my mind. Dreams at night of running up and down cobblestone streets searching being late worried, not in the moment. I am practicing that while missing musing wondering watching. It isn’t necessarily easy to travel. Yes, it’s a gift a blessing………but not easy.
On to Cappadocia, the land of fairy sand castles, emptied of their inhabitants not long ago. Surrounded by snowy peaks the valleys hold the ancient life mixed with the tourist edge. Being winter not many of us brave enough to tromp in the cold, but tea awaits. Turkish tea(often Lipton), sage tea, apple tea and more.
| Cappadocia, Turkey |
No comments:
Post a Comment