About Me

My photo
Lagunitas, California, United States
Still looking through a 26 year olds eyes. Do we all feel like that? Sometimes independent, strong, fearless.... while at the same time insecure, meek, and full of fear. Can be persistent, steady, and focused...and then pretty much a total basket case. So there are no rules........only this moment. That's the hope. Love is all that matters, how much Love I hold in my heart and give to others. My dream and hope is to be divorced from the past or future, which keep me from the spontanaity and magic of the present.

Friday, March 18, 2011

After close call

Wondering why I'm still here
In big cold at heart Izmir.
Contemplating how I escaped death
Realizing once again
It may not be a sweet goodbye
Surrounded by friends family
Love forgiveness and peace.
The other window may open
With no warning
Am I prepared? My soul ready?
What does that even mean
Short version who knows
No more wasting, been here before.
Gratitude abounds amid shock and fear.
There is no perfect 'ready' time to die.
We all will though, with warning possibly long or short,
possibly agonizing,
Or without warning or premonition.
Over, done, on to the next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment