About Me

My photo
Lagunitas, California, United States
Still looking through a 26 year olds eyes. Do we all feel like that? Sometimes independent, strong, fearless.... while at the same time insecure, meek, and full of fear. Can be persistent, steady, and focused...and then pretty much a total basket case. So there are no rules........only this moment. That's the hope. Love is all that matters, how much Love I hold in my heart and give to others. My dream and hope is to be divorced from the past or future, which keep me from the spontanaity and magic of the present.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

My 'Coffee' Table

My desk, well, actually my coffee table.
Why do they call it a ‘coffee’ table?
TV table, living room catch-all table maybe
But coffee?
Ok my desk-table in front of TV in the living room
(Why living room? Do I live here?)
Geez, Kim .  Just write quit questioning.
 With computer,  and sundry paperwork, let’s see, ten books.
Ten books? What the…..they’re only here because I think I’m reading all of them.
Some even at once.
Ok there’s more. Five candles. One of those angel/jesus tall ones in glass.
I like those. Burn forever.
One beautiful crystal. Tigerbalm. Some pictures in a pile.
Whatever you do don’t open an old box and pull out pictures that rip your heart open,
Because they end up on this table ripping you up for weeks.
Till you figure out where to put them, till in the future you find them again.
Sheesh....when they say our lives are a circle I get it.
Pen, remote, phone, calendar, little coasters (that must be for the ‘coffee’)
I like this little prose poem.
Is it a poem?
Well, it is my table I’m writing it on.
So I’ll call it whatever I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment