About Me

My photo
Lagunitas, California, United States
Still looking through a 26 year olds eyes. Do we all feel like that? Sometimes independent, strong, fearless.... while at the same time insecure, meek, and full of fear. Can be persistent, steady, and focused...and then pretty much a total basket case. So there are no rules........only this moment. That's the hope. Love is all that matters, how much Love I hold in my heart and give to others. My dream and hope is to be divorced from the past or future, which keep me from the spontanaity and magic of the present.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Packing

What a process and mindf%*k packing is. Always take items i don't need, but find that out by unpacking; never while packing. Who knows the mood I'll be in to wear that certain item of clothing, that I rarely wear when home anyway. And shampoo, lotions, face creams...how much of that stuff do I want or need? Hell, I'll barely have time sometimes to get where I want to go and plan on sleeping alone the whole damn time so who cares if my hair smells nice (I do!). And, of course the chargers for phone, camera, toohbrush (yes, I have one of those cool sonic-care ones and swear by it)computer, and then adaptors for all this shit too.......Not to mention the few food items I manage to stash in my suitcase; prunes, chocolate (good chocolate!), almond butter for those places where protien-craving will be screaming at my insides, where soy may be non-existent amid the lamb/chicken/goat/whatever choices I can't stomach. Ok, I sound like such a prude but really my stomach has a mind of its own, and although I may try everything once, kims stomach needs its familiar hawaii-fruits-vegs-avacado-wheatless cracker menu. But I do hear there's great yogurt in the middle east so that's plus.......And reading material. Oh my, thats the worst. No, I haven't bought a kindle (was actually hoping for one for christmas, mom) but they are appealing. Most books I'd want to read, even daily meditaion(like I read THAT every day when traveling) could be held on this cool little handheld thingie (oh, another charger in the suitcase)...but I don't have one so what do I pick to read while waiting for 12 planes. Yes, twelve flights in the next 6 weeks....I'm melting down now and really need to pack instead of write gibberish about it. Wish me luck....

No comments:

Post a Comment