About Me

My photo
Lagunitas, California, United States
Still looking through a 26 year olds eyes. Do we all feel like that? Sometimes independent, strong, fearless.... while at the same time insecure, meek, and full of fear. Can be persistent, steady, and focused...and then pretty much a total basket case. So there are no rules........only this moment. That's the hope. Love is all that matters, how much Love I hold in my heart and give to others. My dream and hope is to be divorced from the past or future, which keep me from the spontanaity and magic of the present.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Facebook-Check Up Check In Check Out

What is facebook anyway? A place to see who is bold enough to let you see them, to post things we care about or could care less about? A site to let people in, when offline we may not share anything one-on-one with a real live person that day. A place to see useless information mixed with insightful tidbits, quotes, phrases that brighten your day, make you think, give you hope. A forum to see people you miss, care about, may not think about unless you see thier picture in that column. A sad place for following those you cannot touch, don't want to touch......delete. It's a place to check up, check in, check out. Safe from actually calling someone and asking how they are.............you get to see who died, who is suffering, who is full of themselves, pictures from all over the world, a mishmash of information on parade.....I have mixed feelings about this place where others may hide out, may sneak, may judge, make comments, make no comments, remember birthdays. Where you get happy birthdays from people that never knew your birthday, much less congradulate you. It opens our world, makes it smaller..but we still show only what we want to show; unless someone posts pictures of you that definitely need to be deleted. It is a forum to love, and manipulate, to reach out (my favorite reason to share), to say "Hi" I'm here I'm alive I'm alone I'm happy I'm sad....I I I........but through all those judgements of facebook, when I see someone validate me with love, a comment, sweet words of encouragement; there is some magic, a mystical quality to this worldwide fellowship of human friends watching for me, hopefully thinking kind thoughts.........as I do for them. Otherwise............delete.

No comments:

Post a Comment